Access Denied (code 3013)
Applies to: Backup Agent, AWS S3 backup storage
A backup plan terminates with the following error: Access Denied. Cannot complete the operation due to insufficient permissions on cloud storage
Most probably, your AWS IAM user does not have enough permissions to access your storage.
Grant permissions to access your S3 storage for your IAM user. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Open the AWS Console and go to IAM https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam/.
- Go to Users, then select the required user.
- Click Add permissions, then select Attach existing policies directly.
- In the search field, type AmazonS3FullAccess.
- Also apply AmazonGlacierFullAccess policy.
- Select the corresponding checkboxes.
- Click Next: Review.
- Click Add permissions.
These actions will apply full permissions to access all buckets in the storage for your IAM user.