Access Denied to Network Resources (code 1611)
A backup plan terminates with the following error message: Access was denied to network resources
In case this error message is displayed, it generally means that one of the following reasons have occurred:
- The network share you tried to access has become unavailable during the backup plan execution
- Network share permissions specified for the current user have not enough privileges to execute backup operations.
Make Sure the Target Network Share is Available
- Run MSP360 Backup for Windows.
- Open the application menu, then select the required network share destination.
- In the File System Account dialog box, click Change Network Credentials.
- Click Test.
- In case the network destination is available, run the backup plan again.
- In case the network destination is unavailable, try to work out if the destination server is up. To do this, use ping or tracert commands:
where network share is the network share destination name
- In case the network destination is down, contact your system administrator.
- In case of connection test returned the The specified network password is not correct error:
- Try to re-enter the network share credentials
- In case the error persists, contact your system administrator.
Make Sure the Current User Has Enough Permissions
- Open the target network share.
- Click Properties.
- Switch to Sharing tab.
- Click Advanced Sharing.
- In the Advanced Sharing dialog box, click Permissions.
- Make sure that permissions specified for the user that is used for backup operations are enough to perform backup operations.
- Once you are done with permissions, click OK or Apply, then restart the backup plan.
In case you do not have enough permisssions to edit network share properties, contact your system administrator