How to Upgrade CloudBerry Backup License
Applies to standalone version only
Upgrade Cloudberry Backup License for Windows client
To upgrade your CloudBerry Backup standalone license to a different edition of Backup, proceed as follows.
First, release your current license. To do this, proceed as follows.
- Open CloudBerry Backup.
- In the application menu, click Licensing.
- Click Release License. Once you confirm the action, the application closes but remains installed. You can activate Cloudberry Backup again later with an upgraded license or another license. All product settings and created plans will be kept.
Proceed as follows:
- Open the License Upgrade Wizard: https://www.msp360.com/backup/upgrade-license.aspx.
- On the Step #1: Enter your license key, enter your license key and email address.
- Click Check. Your current product edition will be displayed automatically. Note that you may be prompted to perform some additional steps in case the provided license key is not released on all product instances.
- Proceed to Step #2 to select the available option for the product upgrade.
- Make sure everything is correct, then click Check out. This operation immediately disables your current license and generates a discount (upgrade coupon) to purchase the upgraded license.
- You will be redirected to the MyCommerce marketplace to perform the payment for the upgraded license and annual maintenance for it. The billing period for maintenance is 12 months. Also, you will receive a copy of the upgrade link to the specified email address. This link is valid for the next 48 hours.
- The link for downloading the upgraded edition will be sent to the specified email address.
To upgrade the edition, you will need to uninstall the current Backup edition and install the new one. All settings will stay intact
- Once a new edition is installed, run CloudBerry Backup.