The File Cannot Be Accessed By The System
A backup plan terminates with the following error message: The file cannot be accessed by the system
The cause is the WindowsApps folder. This folder is a location for installed Windows desktop applications. It was introduced with Windows 8 and is used as a location for installed Windows Store apps. Read/Write permissions are limited by operation system.
Exclude Folders Manually
The only way to solve the issue is to exclude these folders from the backup plan.
- Open Management Console, then navigate to required backup plan.
- Click Edit.
- Expand "Backup Source" section and click "Show Plain Text" link. Insert the following folders in the "Exclude Paths" field.
- Save backup plan changes.
- Run backup plan as usual.
Exclude Folders With The Script
If the backup environment is huge and required too much manual work, use the script to add exclusions.
- Download the script.
- Run the script on required machines using remote management on Computers or GPO.
Exclusions will be added automatically to all file-level backup plans.