Insufficient Permissions for Restore Verification (code 2021)
While running a restore verification (regardless if you run it manually, or by backup plan configururation) the following error occurs: Insufficient permissions: Cannot start virtual machine for Restore Verification. Current user is not granted with sufficient permissions
Restore verification mechanism requires a running Hyper-V virtual machine. A user under which you try to run the restore verification does not have enough permissions to start a virtual machine.
Include user in Hyper-V in the Hyper-V administartors group.
To include user in the Hyper-V administrators group, procced as follows:
- On the Windows panel, click Start, select Settings.
- Select Administration Tools, then select Computer Management.
- Click System Tools, the select Local Users and Groups, then select Groups.
- Double-click the Hyper-V Administrators group.
- In the Hyper-V Administrators Properties box, click Add.The Select Users or Groups window opens.
- In the Enter the object names to select field, enter the user account name you want to grant permissions, and then click OK.
- The user appears in the Members section of the Hyper-V Administrators Properties box.
- Click Apply, then click OK.