Access Denied (code 1610)
Warning message: Access to one or more backup paths is denied In case this warning message is displayed once the nackup plan is finished, it generally means that the Backup service is not granted with sufficient privileges to access and transfer objects to a backup destination.
Enabling Use Backup Operator option usually resolves this issue.
Resolve the Issue
- Run MSP360 (CloudBerry) Backup for Windows.
- Switch to the Home tab.
- Find the backup plan that reported the Access Denied warning, then click Edit.
- Follow the Backup wizard steps to the Advanced Options step.
- Select the Use Backup Operator check box. This enables the application to back up objects regardless the specified permissions.
- Open the backup plan which produced the Access Denied error, then clikc Edit.
- Follow the backup wizard step to the Backup Source step.
- Exclude files and folders which have been displayed.
- Once you are done, click Next.
- Follow the wizard step to save the backup plan configuration.
- Find files or folders which have been reported in the Access Denied error description, then open their properties.
- Switch to the Security tab, then click Edit.
- Specify the proper access permission, then click OK or Apply.
In case you do not have enough privileges to edit file and folder permission, contact your system administrator