Eliminating VSS Error HRESULT: 0x80042318
In some cases, backup plan fails with the following error message: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042318.
CloudBerry Backup will need to communicate with the VSS writers in order to take a snapshot. This error will occur if there are problems communicating with the VSS writers on the server.
- Edit the plan and enable Force using VSS and Use system VSS provider options.
File-Level backup plan
Image-Based backup plan
- Open Command line (CMD) with Administrator permissions.
- Change directory to **C:\Program Files\COMPANY_NAME\Online Backup**.
- Run "cbb.exe fixVSS" command to restart VSS services and register required DLLs.
- Wait until the process is finished and start backup plans again.