Too Long Names (code 1620)
A backup plan is terminated with the following error: Too Long Names (code 1620)
Some object names in the backup source contain names that exceed the storage provider restrictions. Usually, the object name length is limited with 1024 bytes.
Exclude the objects with too long names from the backup plan. You can do it by editing the backup plan. To do this:
- Edit the backup plan that produced this error.
- Follow the Backup Wizard step to the Backup Source step.
- Exclude files and folders with long names.
- When you are done, click Next.
- Finish the Backup Wizard to save the configuration.
- Run the backup plan again.
You can exclude objects straight from the Solutions group. Click View/Exclude files and folders with long names from the backup source
Also, you can archive files and folders with long names, then run the backup plan again. In this case, mind to delete the original files and folders that have been archived to acvoid the occurrence of this error in future.