Error on Creating VSS Snapshot (code 1508)
- Error message: Error on Creating VSS Snapshot
- Possible Occurrence Reasons: Insufficient permission to create VSS snapshots.
Resolve the Issue
Include the account the Backup Operators group.
To Include an Account in the Backup Operators Group
- Log in as an Administrator.
- Run the lusrmgr.msc tool.
- Navigate to the Groups folder, then click More Actions.
- Select Add to Group...
- In the Backup Operator Properties box, click Add.
- Add users you want to be granted with the Backup Operators permissions, then click OK.
- Run the backup plan which reported the Error on Creating VSS Snapshot error.