Export Restore to VMDK/VHDX as a Backup Chain to IBB/VMware/Hyper-V Plan
In particular cases, you may need to have the virtual disk already created for your needs. This article contains the step-by-step guide for implementing case study alike.
To do this, proceed as follows:
Download and install the latest version of MSP360 (CloudBerry) Backup for Windows.
Run the application.
Create a backup plan with a required source. The backup plan can use local, or cloud or hybrid destinations. To learn more, refer to the appropriate section of the help documentation.
Run the backup plan.
Once the backup plan terminates, switch to the Restore Plans tab.
Create the restore plan of the required type (IBB, VMware or Hyper-V). On the Plan Name step, select the Save restore plan option.
On the Restore Type step, select the Restore as virtual disk option, then select the required virtual file format in the drop-down list.
On the Destination step, select the restore destination folder (network share can be specified as a destination folder as well).
- Finish the restore wizard, then run the restore plan to get the first version of the image.
- Switch back to the Backup Plans tab.
- Open the backup plan that you created on step 3, then click Edit.
- Follow the backup wizard to the Pre / Post Actions step.
- Select the Backup chain check box, then select the restore plan you created on steps 6-10.
- Specify the conditions of the chained restore plan run:
- Execute the specified plan only if backup has been successfully completed
- Execute the specified plan regardless of the backup result.
- To save changes, finish the backup wizard.
Note that a restored image will be renewed with each run of a restore plan
Note that modifying options of the Select partitions wizard step, such as Backup all drives or Backup only system required partitions will not affect the resulting virtual disk image volumes scope restored. Regardless to the backup duration, a restore plan will take full time