C++ 2010 Redistributable Missing or Corrupted (code 1512)
A backup plan fails with the following error: C++ 2010 Redistributable Missing or Corrupted. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable is missing or corrupted
In most cases, the occurrence of this error means that the C++ 2010 Redistributable package was damaged upon reinstallation (for example, while updating Backup for Windows).
The Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable package installs Microsoft C and C++ (MSVC) runtime libraries. These libraries are required by many applications built using Microsoft C and C++ tools, including Backup for Windows.
This issue is fixed with a tool designed by Microsoft: Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter.
The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter helps automatically repair issues when you are blocked from installing or removing programs. It also fixes corrupted registry keys.
Proceed as follows:
- Uninstall Backup for Windows manually.
- Download the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter.
- Follow the troubleshooter wizard, select Uninstalling, then specify the Microsoft C++ 2010.
- Click Yes, try uninstall.
- After the troubleshooter tool fixes the issue, install Backup for Windows again.
- Try to run the backup plan again.